About the Role
The Minister of Technology is one of the LBP Union Protectors. The Minister of Technology is responsible for overseeing the operations of the LBP Union Ministry of Technology which is currently composed of the Research & Development team and the Union Space Corps. The goal of the Ministry of Technology is to provide new innovations, technology, and solutions to enhance the experience of the LittleBigPlanet fan community.
The Ministry of Technology oversees the Tech Office, which is composed of R&D lead developers and the Union Space Corps Star Commander. This Protector assists with administration and makes overhead decisions to help accomplish Union tech goals. The Minister of Technology will:
- Organize regular meetings between the Tech Office leaders to formulate strategies, stay up to date on recent events and progress, and other needs.
- Appoint top level Ministry of Technology leadership positions such as Star Commander and R&D Lead Developers.
- Provide feedback to Tech Office leaders.
- Attend meetings with the other LBPU Protectors to provide important Tech insight and collaborate with the rest of the Union.
- Make critical overhead decisions related to the Ministry of Technology.
- Maintain Ministry of Technology administrative tasks such as members and email lists, team communications, Discord role and channel management, Beacon administration, overseeing performance of Hetzner servers, and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Act as the figurehead of all Technology related areas of the Union, providing public announcements and representing the Union for tech-oriented announcements and news.
A voice chat interview will be required to be considered for this position.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have an advanced background in technology and LittleBigPlanet, such as in LBP logic and physics, modding, real-world programming, or some combination of these.
- You must be comfortable in voice chat.
- The more administrative experience you have, the better. This might include running a larger Discord server, maintaining other group projects, or real world experience.
- Google Drive or shared cloud storage experience is preferred.
- Visionary: have a clear vision of the future of technology in the LittleBigPlanet community and be able to communicate that vision clearly.
- Communicative: be able to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders in a way that’s easy to understand.
- Collaborative: be able to work well with others and effectively negotiate with various stakeholders.
- Innovative: creative and open to new ideas. Willing to take risks to drive innovation.
- Ethical: committed to developing and using technology for the greater good.
- Good judgement: able to make data-driven and evidence-based decisions.