About the Role
The Minister of Relations is one of the LBP Union Protectors. The Minister of Relations is responsible for overseeing the operations of the LBP Union Ministry of Relations which is currently composed of the Scribe team and the Global Relations Office. The goal of the Ministry of Relations is to represent the LBP Union beyond our managed platforms via organic search and social media presence.
The Ministry of Relations oversees the Relations Committee, which is composed of the Scribe directors and the Global Relations Office Director. This Protector assists with administration and makes overhead decisions to help accomplish Union outreach goals. The Minister of Relations will:
- Organize regular meetings between the Relations Committee leaders to formulate strategies, stay up to date on recent events and progress, and other needs.
- Appoint top level Ministry of Relations leadership positions like the Directors of the Scribe and GRO teams.
- Provide feedback to Relations Committee leaders.
- Attend meetings with the other LBPU Protectors to provide important outreach insights and collaborate with the rest of the Union.
- Make critical overhead decisions related to the Ministry of Relations.
- Maintain Ministry of Relations administrative tasks such as members and email lists, team communications, Discord role and channel management, WordPress management, social media accounts, overseeing performance of Hetzner servers, and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Act as the figurehead of all relations and outreach areas of the Union, providing public announcements and representing the Union for all manner of announcements and news.
- Represent the Union in discussions with other organizations for the purposes of developing and maintaining partnerships and the Union’s reputation.
A voice chat interview will be required to be considered for this position.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have an advanced background in at least one of these areas: writing, marketing, and communication.
- You must be comfortable in voice chat.
- The more administrative experience you have, the better. This might include running a larger Discord server, maintaining other group projects, or real world experience.
- Google Drive or shared cloud storage experience is preferred.
- Creative: able to come up with novel, original ideas and apply your talents to make those ideas a reality.
- Collaborative: be able to work well with others and effectively negotiate with various stakeholders.
- Diplomatic: able to manage and build healthy relationships, as well as resolve conflict and encourage people of differing views to work together.
- Strategic: able to develop long term plans to benefit the LBP Union’s relationship with the community.