LittleBigPlanet Custom Servers by LBP Union
Beacon is the next generation of online connectivity for LittleBigPlanet on PlayStation 3 and Vita systems. Powered by Project Lighthouse.
Sony may have officially shut down the LittleBigPlanet servers for PS3 and Vita, but the community can play online once again safely and securely with Beacon custom servers!
Play LittleBigPlanet Custom Servers
Playing on Beacon requires you to have real hardware with custom/hybrid firmware (PS3 or PS Vita) or a PS3 emulator like RPCS3. You will also need to patch the game to direct to our server address. Sounds tricky? Don’t worry! We have you covered with the tutorials down below!
Project Lighthouse custom LittleBigPlanet servers are more secure than the official LittleBigPlanet servers were for PlayStation 3 and Vita. How is this possible?
- The LittleBigPlanet servers were developed in a much different time, where security by obscurity was prioritized for console games for cost effectiveness. Few at Sony in the mid-2000s realized the threat that malicious actors could pose to a console game. Project Lighthouse’s development has the greater context of hacking and console modding at its core.
- The malicious scripting and mod uploading that made the 2021 LBP server hacks possible are no longer possible thanks to mod filtering.
- The community will continue to support Project Lighthouse for years to come.
Beacon takes security a step further:
- Server-level rate limiting.
- 2FA required for administrators.
- Mod filter prevents malicious script uploads.
LBP Union Starguard ensures our LittleBigPlanet custom server is a safe and comfortable place for everyone. Beacon is intended for users over the age of 13, and bans mature and obscene content. However, the server is more lenient about language compared to the official servers, as we use our own word filter.
Powered by Project Lighthouse
Project Lighthouse is an open-source custom server for LittleBigPlanet that powers Beacon. Maintained by the LBP Union Research and Development team, Project Lighthouse is a clean room reverse engineering project that uses 100% original code. Project Lighthouse uses zero proprietary code.
Operated by the Union Space Corps
The Union Space Corps (USC) is a branch of the LBP Union operates Beacon and tests features of Project Lighthouse. Become a USC Scout today on our Discord server to become eligible for exclusive in-game prizes in the future! In addition, you can also get the opportunity to help us test new features, help others, participate in community events, and meet other sackfolk just like you!